Title: Senior Electro-Acoustic Research Scientist
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Digital Media Solutions- Audio Lab
Locations: Valencia, CA
Samsung – the world’s number one TV and smartphone manufacturer – is committed to deliver the best possible sound to our customers in new and exciting ways. To that end, we have built a world-class audio lab in Valencia, California, where the world’s leading audio engineers and researchers design groundbreaking technologies and products. If you are an engineer or scientist with a love for music and movies we want to hear from you.
- Inventing new algorithms for active control of sound and loudspeakers
- Creating patentable inventions
- Publishing and presenting research papers at conferences and in journals (including IEEE, AES)
- Initiating and leading development of new Machine Learning and DSP-based technologies for audio and multimedia
- Working with research and product development teams in the US and Korea
- Education – MSEE or Ph.D. with preferably 10+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Loudspeaker nonlinear modeling, identification and control (familiarity with micro-drivers would be a plus)
- Room sound field modeling and control
- Understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Excellent understanding of signal processing for audio
- Excellent understanding of psychoacoustic
- Familiarity with setting up audio experiments and measurement
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create clear explanations and presentations of difficult scientific concepts
- A great team player that can both mentor and support others
- A musician or someone passionate about music and movies would be a plus
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $169,200 and $253,750, but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.