Title: Client Engineer - DHL
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Digital Health Lab (DHL)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America Digital Health Lab is looking for a staff or senior staff level client engineer with hands-on skills and production-grade project experience in mobile and wearable app development (Android and Tizen). You will be a core part of a passionate team charged with developing, incubating, and launching a portfolio of product concepts that will transform healthcare. The agile team will be working to design and develop innovative digital health services and solutions. By leveraging smart phones, wearables, medical devices and IoTs in health/wellness domain, your work will significantly benefit real-world patients, seniors, physicians and care givers. Samsung’s unique advantage in consumer electronics market and growing focus on digital health will provide you with exciting technical challenges and rewarding career experience.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Work with design/server/QA/PM to meet development requirements.
- MS/PhD in computer science or related areas with 6+ years of project experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Solid coding skills with product development and prototyping experience in order to implement and validate solutions.
- Proficiency in the Android development environment with the ability to create fully working prototypes.
- Strong knowledge of Tizen wearable application development, design principles, patterns and best practices
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile/web applications to back-end services.
- Good communication/presentation skill and teamwork spirit
- Energetic, passionate and eager to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Nice to have skills:
- Previous experience in healthcare research/industry and/or fitness/wellness applications
- Experience in developing cross-platform mobile application would be a plus.
- Prior experience in agile development.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $153,300 and $210,550 but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.