Title: Software Development Engineer (Immersive Audio/Video Analyzer & Player Development) for Audio and Video Solutions
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Digital Media Solutions Lab
Location: Irvine, CA
Lab Summary: The Digital Media Solutions Lab at Samsung Research America is developing innovative and advanced core technologies related to video and audio systems.
Position Summary: Developing/Integrating Audio/Video Solutions architected by our Video Systems team.
- Develop Cinematic & HDR Content Player Development & Immersive Audio Processing Module/Plug-In Development.
- Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos (e.g. Develop new framework for Studio Demonstration).
- Analyze any available sources to find bugs and make enhancements in the code.
- Evaluate and recommend best software designs and architecture.
- Effectively communicate and support other global engineering teams.
- Responsible to deliver a commercial level of S/W quality.
- MS and/or PhD in ECE, CE, EE (Signal Processing) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of experience in system level software development
- Solid C and C++ coding abilities (Note: Strong C++ skill is a MUST) Familiarity with Media Player
- Experience in Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Image Processing, and/or strong Publications
- Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with Open Sources such as FFMPEG Familiar with Color Management & Video Processing Algorithm Excellent communication and organizational skills. Strong problem solving skills, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Audio Signal Processing solution such as AVID Pro-Tools & plug-in development
- Object detection algorithm development without AI or low level boosting algorithm
- Development experience with video analyzer & player development
- Development experience using GPU Shader code development & optimization
- Development experience using OpenCL to optimize video algorithms
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $135,800 and $186,650, but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.