Role: Senior Android Platform Partner Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America
Lab: MPS / Mobile Platform Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS), we are looking for passionate Android Partner Engineer to share their creative vision and to help build applications and services for Samsung's array of devices spanning mobile phones, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team that works with Samsung teams across the globe and its partners to deliver the best mobile products.
Come join the Samsung MPS team and be a leader in bringing futuristic mobile products to life!
As an Android Platform/Partner engineer you will have the opportunity to manage different Samsung Mobile collaborations with partners at the same time. In this role, you will work closely with teams across Samsung Mobile to provide solutions with user first approach with aptitude for continuous improvement and learning. This is great role for transitioning from engineering track to product/program management.
- Contributing to the vision and strategy of our overall products and services.
- Acting as Product Owner to drive clarity of the product to meet commercial and strategic goals.
- Defining and articulating use cases/features/requirements for features that have been proposed.
- Soliciting and formalizing feedback from business teams and technology partners.
- Validating business case and partner readiness to prioritize among feature requests to ensure optimal ROI.
- Partnering with stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Technical Program Managers, Marketing, Customer Support across various geographies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in software program management.
- Experience in different phases of software engineering process, including requirements analysis, software architecture, development, test planning, test execution and deployment.
- Ability to influence project team members, both technical and non-technical, to ensure proper product requirements prioritization, product quality and project deliver on time.
- Team player with exceptional time management skills.
- Strong market analysis skills.
- Empathize deeply with our customers and advocate for their needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical and business confidence to assert and/or defend positions regarding definition and priority of features.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently at all levels in the organization.
- Able to travel internationally (<25%).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Bilingual in Korean and English.
- Understanding of C/C++/Java languages and build experiences for Android are essential.
- Understanding of utilities (like git, repo, make, etc.) for github, gerrit server are optional.
- Proven previous experience in user- focused mobile-first services and applications.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $135,800 and $186,650, but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.