Title: Senior Engineer – Backend - NEON
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA (on-site)
We are NEON, a subsidiary of Samsung dedicated to creating Artificial Humans who interact with you in ways indistinguishable from the real world. Our NEONs (Neo humaNs) draw inspiration from the most natural of interfaces: interaction with another human being. Bringing together a world-class R&D team of researchers, developers, and engineers, that are building production technology at the cutting edge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, real-time computing, conversational agents, computer graphics, design, and more.
NEONs hold the potential to advance our digital world while preserving the elements of human interaction that are meaningful to all of us. If you share that dream – if you want to make the visions you saw in Her, Blade Runner, and more into tangible reality – and are passionate about taking such ideas into handcrafted renderings, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a highly skilled, thoughtful, and collaborative Senior Backend Engineer to help design and develop the next generation of NEONs and deliver this innovative technology to a wide user base. As a part of the technical team, you’ll solve challenging problems and provide input into both product roadmaps and development approaches.
- Design and develop performant and scalable backend systems and databases
- Develop systems that are accessible from different geolocations / regions
- Build security-first systems for mass consumption of NEONs
- BS Computer Science + 5 years of industry experience or MS Computer Science + 3 year of industry experience or equivalent combination of education and trainings
- Experience working on scalable architecture which can handle high volumes of data built using our cloud-based platform
- Experience with both relational like MySQL and non-relational databases such as DynamoDB
- Must have experience with AWS Lambda, RDS, EC2, API Gateway and other AWS Services
- Exposure to GraphQL API implementations
- Used technologies like S3 to store user generated content
- Worked with caching engines like Redis or Memcached
- Deeper understanding of CDNs
- Worked with video streaming protocols like WebRTC, HLS or DASH
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $“135,800” and $”186,650” but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education, and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.