Title: Senior Product Manager – Platform Products
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS), we are looking for passionate product managers to share their creative vision and to build applications and services for Samsung's array of devices spanning mobile phones, Windows PC, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team of world-class researchers, designers and engineers in the field of AI/ML, IAM & IOT technologies, with emphasis on building out enterprise mobility solutions to keep corporate devices under IT control.
Come join the Samsung MPS team and be a leader in bringing futuristic services to life!
The Product Manager will mainly focus mainly on enhancing Knox platform capabilities across Samsung products by working closely with key external stakeholders and various internal teams including business development, engineering, program management and designers to define requirements and roadmaps. The product team will champion their product design and realization from cradle to grave
- Create cohesive vision and strategy across all products and lead innovations
- Demonstrate customer obsession by being a champion for the user experience with deep customer empathy
- Develop a platform roadmap and drive data-driven product features
- Work closely with customers, product managers, security teams, external partners and development teams to identify and address gaps to enhance security and compliance posture for the Knox platform
- Derive insights from API data utilization across the platform
- Effectively manage dependencies, priorities, and plans across multiple groups focused on security and compliance aligned with platform goals
- Act as the overall Product Owner to drive clarity of the product to meet commercial and strategic goals
- Create formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization
- Soliciting and formalizing feedback from business teams and technology partners
- Ensuring adherence to Product Management processes related to change control, documentation, etc.
- Validating business case and partner readiness to prioritize among feature requests to ensure optimal ROI
- Partnering with stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Technical Program Managers, Marketing, Customer Support across various geographies
- Performing competitive and gap analysis to understand market trends for existing products and targeted market segments
- Engineering degree in EE, CS or similar. MBA preferred
- 12+ years of experience in technical product management, including creating full lifecycle product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with and deep expertise building platforms, specifically: Experience with Android mobile development (Android Open Source Project) with high focus on Security
- Experience with developing IAM modules within the platform and good understanding of latest platform security technologies
- Excellent understanding of platform API integration, API utilization and Analytics
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and product delivery
- Experience managing dependencies for platform features with key external stakeholders and advocating for key customer use cases
- Ability to build an excellent user experience and lead/present small group and/or executive level discussions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel internationally (<25%)
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $169,200 and $253,750, but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.