Title: Sr. Product Manager (E-Commerce and Data Platform)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Big Data Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Big Data Lab, you will be responsible for managing product of online software platform related to E-Commerce. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to solve various issues and enhance current platforms related to big data and E-Commerce for providing wonderful experiences of Samsung customers. The Big Data Lab is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs of customers to solve most critical business problems, and have direct impact on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Managing the entire product life cycle of a global scale E-Commerce platform from concept design to global launch with talented engineering teams.
- Build a vision and a product roadmap based on understanding business goals and objectives
- Define product success metrics.
- Work with various stakeholders including engineers, UX designers, lawyers and external partners to define and build great user experiences by enhancing current solutions based on analyzing data.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from conception to launch, including writing product requirements, defining use cases, and setting success metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of product management experience.
- Problem-solving skills based on defining core issues from complicated conflicts.
- Experience creating product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams.
- Product management experience with software/web/data technologies.
- Excellent communication skills to write materials and speak with global people in various cultures.
- Experience driving the product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussion.
- Ability to design success metrics of products.
- Ability to think creatively and move quickly in a highly ambiguous problem space.
- Ability to inspire multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Experience as a product manager for huge software solution and platform area.
- Knowledge about big data, e-Commerce and data privacy.
- Work experience with overseas R&D centers such as India or Poland etc. is preferred.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.