Title: Principal Engineer (E-Commerce and Data Platform)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Big Data Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Big Data Lab, you will be responsible for designing and building an E-Commerce platform that will significantly improve the interactions with customers. You will also work on efficient software and hardware implementations on current and/or upcoming Samsung product platforms. The Big Data Lab is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs of customers to solve most critical business problems, and have direct impact on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Leading an S/W engineering team to design and build a global scale E-Commerce platform with cutting-edge technologies to interact with Samsung customers.
- Working on developing solution and technology for big data system.
- Design and develop single stack of E-Commerce platform to multiple regions and countries.
- Work with technical leads, customer executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful implementations of technical solutions, becoming a trusted advisor to decision-makers throughout the engagement.
- Work with internal specialists, product, and engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies, and published assets.
- Interact with global R&Ds and overseas technical stakeholders to manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful outcomes.
- Propose solution architectures and manage the deployment of cloud based big data and analytics solutions according to customer requirements and implementation best practices.
- Effectively communication, collaboration with global/regional engineering teams (include HQ).
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in managing S/W engineering projects to delivering technical solutions.
- Experience of working with business intelligence tools and cloud databases.
- 7+ years of experience in scalable big data processing technology such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Skills or experience to build data lake, data warehouse, and data mart.
- Experience of leading development of Front-end / Back-end servers on Cloud.
- Enterprise level security management for privacy protection, system stability, etc.
- Efficient system operation by using technologies such as monitoring system, DevOps and NoOps.
- Design experience of full-stack architecture on cloud platform including systems for data, serving, monitoring, security, testing and deployment.
- Proficiency in programming/scripting languages including C/C++, Java, SQL (across MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Oracle), R, Python, etc.
- Familiar with Untact Development Management on agile process.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, written, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Work experience with overseas R&D centers such as India or Poland etc. is preferred.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.