Title: Senior XR/ UX Designer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS ARPL (Mobile Platform Solutions, AR Platform Lab)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into products/services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS), we are looking for passionate XR UX designer to share their creative vision and to build applications and services for Samsung's array of devices spanning mobile phones, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team of world-class researchers, designers and engineers in the field of AR/VR/XR.
Come join the Samsung MPS team and be a leader in bringing futuristic services to life!
You'll be the ultimate creative facilitator, working collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team to help users achieve their goals and fuse business insights with users' needs to craft great user experience. You will combine the expertise of a technical designer with the human centered of an experience designer. You will bring your unique perspective to transform the R&Ded technology to user centric product idea.
- Design user interface systems and/or experiences that support multi-modal inputs and utilize strong User Interface/ Visual / Interaction design skills to deliver design specification to developers for implementation
- Develop high-level creative concepts for projects; help to refine and further develop these concepts into complete, functional design systems and solve technical and creative problems
- Conceive elegant, effective visual (or graphical) ways to showcase our prototypes, products, highlight features, and inspire consumers
- Ability to convey complex AR concepts through compelling visuals in various styles and mediums such as illustration, 3D assets, video, animation or other media (as appropriate), wireframes, flows, storyboards, and mockups
- Contribute to product strategy discussion and develop concepts aligned with product goals and strategy that bring the user story to life for a wide audience, including cross functional teams
- Articulate design thinking with strong rationale, based on market trends and usage data
- Demonstrate and communicate clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication, and professionalism with cross-discipline peers
- Work with designers, developers, and PMs to define and meet key milestones as well as create task lists and work estimates
- 5+ years of interaction or AR/VR, game design experience working with Unity, Unreal or equivalent tools to design user interface for AR/VR, interactive experiences, or apps
- Experience in a 3D-related industry.AR/VR, new input methods such as camera sensors, controllers, and/or hand tracking is a plus.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates solving complex problems that meet the needs of the users while supporting clearly identified business as well as core skills across a variety of categories and formats
- Conceptualize and develop innovative experience that work across 2D and 3D Experiences
- Designed a game experience or user interface in a 3D, Virtual or augmented reality product that has shipped
- Create rapid prototypes to demonstrate the functionality of your design
- Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help design thinking process as well as communicate concepts to team members
- BA/BFA in 3D Design, Communication design, HCI, or equivalent industry experience
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.