Title: Technology Partnerships Manager – Networks
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Open Innovations
Location: Mountain View, CA
The Technology Partnerships Manager is responsible for developing partnerships and formulating strategies that deliver innovative solutions to consumer pain-points, while aligning with business needs to help foster the Samsung device ecosystem.
Our Open Innovation team combines the best of Samsung product expertise to create radically futuristic and innovative products, services and experiences to delight our customers.
We research, identify, partner and promote new technologies to make our consumer’s experience with our devices better, faster, seamless, more powerful, and multi-dimensional across different product categories. Our goal is to improve people’s lifestyles through technology advancement and experience enrichment.
You will work with a cross-functional team supporting different product business units, developing business cases, fostering partnerships, and driving pivotal initiatives to grow our business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage existing relationships with external partners to facilitate ongoing discussions and evaluations with R&D labs
- Communicate key value propositions of partner technologies to executives and lab leaders at SRA and in Samsung R&D
- Understand market trends and perform market research to acquire domain expertise in multiple industries and core technologies that are relevant to Samsung’s business units
- Recommend new markets, products and features aligned with evolving industry trends, supported by qualitative and quantitative justification
- Coordinate cross-functional and cross-geo team activities, setting project milestones, and motivating teams to meet project timelines and deliverables
- Proactively address ambiguity through strategic thinking followed by tactical execution
- Form a clear understanding of team priorities to balance urgent vs. daily activities
- Identify customers pain-points and business needs
- Lead and drive successful partnership strategies and launches, and sustaining positive relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders
- Build concepts and define new user experiences working with partners for new opportunities
- Be the internal champion for partner’s strategic goals and vision and advocate their needs to stakeholders ensuring awareness and understanding through effective communication
Background and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, post-graduate degree (MS or MBA) strongly preferred
- Minimum five years of business development or product management experience in a technology company
- Domain expert level understanding of the latest mobile network infrastructure technologies & business dynamics in 4G/5G/6G hardware and software innovations
- Proven ability to understand emerging technologies, including but not limited to robotics, sensors, AI, mobile communications, and AR/VR
- Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience in leading complex, multi-team and cross-geographic projects to success
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must be willing to travel as needed (20%)
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.