Title: Software Engineer, Python - NEON
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are NEON, a subsidiary of Samsung dedicated to creating Artificial Humans who interact with you in ways indistinguishable from the real world. Our NEONs (Neo humaNs) draw inspiration from the most natural of interfaces: interaction with another human being. Bringing together a world-class R&D team of researchers, developers, and engineers, that are building production technology at the cutting edge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, real-time computing, conversational agents, computer graphics, design, and more.
NEONs hold the potential to advance our digital world while preserving the elements of human interaction that are meaningful to all of us. If you share that dream – if you want to make the visions you saw in Her, Blade Runner, and more into tangible reality – and are passionate about taking such ideas into handcrafted renderings, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a highly skilled, thoughtful, and collaborative Software Engineer to help design and develop the next generation of NEONs and deliver this innovative technology to a wider user base. As a part of the technical team, you will solve challenging problems and provide input into both product roadmaps and development approaches.
- Work in a team to develop the Python backend framework for NEON
- Collaborate closely with the research teams and integrate the latest changes
- Help make Neon’s research and data pipeline to be well-optimized, documented and reusable
- BS Computer Science or MS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code in Python
- Knowledge of one or more backend tools (i.e., Django, Flask)
- Design and implement UI in Python
- Experience with integrating external APIs
- Some knowledge in JS/HTML/CSS for frontend
- Proficient with version control software
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.