Title: Engineer – Gameplay Unity - NEON
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are NEON, a subsidiary of Samsung dedicated to creating Artificial Humans who interact with you in ways indistinguishable from the real world. Our NEONs (Neo humaNs) draw inspiration from the most natural of interfaces: interaction with another human being. Bringing together a world-class R&D team of researchers, developers, and engineers, that are building production technology at the cutting edge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, real-time computing, conversational agents, computer graphics, design, and more.
NEONs hold the potential to advance our digital world while preserving the elements of human interaction that are meaningful to all of us. If you share that dream – if you want to make the visions you saw in Her, Blade Runner, and more into tangible reality – and are passionate about taking such ideas into handcrafted renderings, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a highly skilled, thoughtful, and collaborative Unity Gameplay Engineer to help design and develop the next generation of NEONs and deliver this innovative technology to a wider user base. As a part of the technical team, you will solve challenging problems and provide input into both product roadmaps and development approaches.
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to develop the Neon metaverse
- Design and implement game features and enhance current functionality producing high-performing reusable code
- Assist with R&D and rapid prototyping for prospective projects
- BS Computer Science or MS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- One year of unity experience
- Advanced knowledge of C#
- Experience profiling and debugging Unity applications for performance optimizations
- Experience building and shipping Unity apps and deployment on multiple platforms
- Knowledge of Unity Mecanim animation system
- Industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of other game engines like Unreal Engine
- Demonstrated hands-on skills in C/C++
- Prior mobile development experience
- Shader development knowledge using HLSL or Shader Graph
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.