Title: Sr. Product Manager
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Overview: Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life. Come and get real world experience developing innovative solutions at a global leader in the mobile revolution! Samsung internships enhance your academic goals by providing the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply learned theory on real commercial projects.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated Sr. Product Manager who can help us define the next generation voice assistant experience. In this role, you will define and lead the development of series of conversational experiences for Bixby’s next-gen AI platform, working closely with a talented team of PMs, designers and engineers. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about consumer-facing user experiences and has a deep curiosity about emerging technology, human behavior, data, and design. As a product manager, you will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment. Bixby is a key part of Samsung’s user experience that has a direct impact across Samsung’s entire device ecosystem reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Lead ideation and creation of user stories for multiple conversational experiences. You will be working across multiple industry domain areas simultaneously (e.g. local search, payments, messages, etc)
- Involve engineers, designers and others to create a shared vision and clear goals for the product, including a well-defined product roadmap
- Create and prioritize backlogs, working regularly with the team to refine and add detail where needed
- Integrate insights from usability studies and other research to improve user experience and refine the product roadmap
- Define metrics that will be used to inform product success and help drive user experience improvements. Work with analytics team to ensure these are captured and reported effectively
- Create trusting relationships with at all levels within the company by promoting a culture of collaboration and open communication
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in engineering, business administration or related fields
- Strong product sense
- Relies on data and research to inform product decisions. Not afraid to take chances
- Loves to get into the details and understand the technology you are working on at a deeper level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understands how to deliver a message at all levels of an organization
- Experience working closely with designers to define and improve user experiences
- Some prior experience in engineering or programming capacity is a plus
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to build strong relationships with engineers, designers and executives
- Ability to work as a team, motivation for international collaboration, strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and passionate about learning
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and self-motivated
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.