Title: AI/Computational Photography and Deep Learning Research Engineer [PHD required]
Company: Samsung Research America
Location: Plano, TX
Samsung MPI Lab is currently looking to fill positions in the Computational Camera team; and work on problems using AI technology to enhance the mobile camera experience. As part of the team, you will be responsible for creating cutting-edge algorithms and technologies that can significantly enhance the camera experience. By creatively applying AI, Computational Photography and deep learning techniques, you will contribute to taking the user experiences on Samsung Mobile products to the next level. You will work with worldwide team to develop product quality solution, and make business impact by delivering the solution in products. The projects at MPI lab are part of Samsung Mobile’s global R&D effort and have direct impact on future Samsung Mobile products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Identify areas of differentiation and innovation around mobile camera by leveraging new and existing AI, computational imaging, and deep learning algorithms in one or more of the following areas:AI pixel processing networks for image restoration, semantic segmentation, optical flow / depth estimation, computational photography applications such as HDR, Super Resolution, image denoising/dehazing, multi-frame-multi-camera computational imaging systems, motion-based computational imaging, high frame rate processing, image stitching and blending and image quality understanding
- Prototype algorithms and applications in Python, C/C++
- Understand the constraints of mobile systems and use that understanding to deliver feasible and efficient algorithms
- Extensive experience in one or more deep learning frameworks
- Ph.D. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in computational imaging.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: AI pixel processing networks for restoration, semantic segmentation, optical flow / depth estimation, computational photography applications such as HDR, Super Resolution, image denoising/dehazing, multi-frame-multi-camera computational imaging systems, motion-based computational imaging, high frame rate processing, image stitching and blending, image quality understanding and computational optics
- Hands-on experience with embedded implementation of image processing and computational photography algorithms
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with R&D management as well as peer groups and team members
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.