Job title: Senior Software Engineer – Java Backend/Server (Remote Work Option)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
The Knox Cloud Services team is looking for world-class server software engineers to join our technology innovation group focused on the rapid development of cloud-based end-to-end mobile applications and services.
This is a great opportunity for a talented and hard-working Server Engineer to build secure cloud services for users of the world’s best-selling mobile devices. The Knox Cloud Services Team is focused on the rapid development of cloud based end-to-end mobile applications and services. Come join the Knox Cloud Services team and help us define and develop the future role of smartphones and services!
- Investigate and propose new potential services
- Create quick proof-of-concept prototypes
- Design architectures and propose technology stacks for brand services
- Perform extensive research and analysis to make optimal architecture and design decisions
- Lead small teams and mentor other developers
- Integrate with external customer and 3rd-party systems
- Analyze and improve security for Cloud application, provide guidance to engineers on security
- Interface with other groups including Product Management, QA and Operations
Background, Experience & Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of hands-on industry experience
- Hands-on experience developing cloud applications in Java or Python for highly available distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with data modeling and database performance, preferably with Mongo DB
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Spark
- Good knowledge of messaging or event streaming systems
- Experience with Real-Time Location Services a plus
This job description is designed to cover the main responsibilities and duties of the role but is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.