Title: Android Software Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Samsung Knox
Location: Mountain View, CA
Smartphones have completely revolutionized how we operate in our daily lives. From communicating and sharing information to traveling and shopping, Samsung and Android have been at the core of this revolution. The next generation of smartphones will completely change how we work. Development has already begun, and the possibilities are endless.
Samsung KNOX™ is a comprehensive, secure enterprise mobile solution for work and play that addresses the mobile security needs of enterprise IT without invading an employee’s privacy. Come join the Samsung KNOX development team and help us define and develop the future role of smartphones in business!
We are looking for a passionate Android engineer to join Samsung Knox Platform for Enterprise team. Your primary goal will be design, implementation and launch of new Enterprise solutions and security solutions on Samsung Android devices. Applicants playing key roles on developing various components and making Android framework changes, creating application frameworks and developing applications by working with other developers, with cross teams and third party partners. In addition, they will work closely with one or more QA teams (local or remote) to identify, debug and fix production issues.
Key expectations also include eager to learn new technologies, industry trends, able to think outside the box and bring new project ideas and innovation to the team, fostering strong team environments and making contributions in every aspect of software feature development lifecycles.
- As an Android engineer you will be challenged to play a key role in the architecture, design and development of application and framework components
- Improve and support existing service, application and Android frameworks
- Explore new technologies, industry trends, customer pain points, technology gaps and bring new project ideas and innovation to team
- Develop new demos and POCs to pitch new ideas and projects to key stockholders
- Collaborate with design, product management teams to deliver engaging user interfaces and solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions
- Improve product quality with the latest industry trends in mobile technology
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Deep understanding of various aspects of Mobile App Development
- Experience with REST and JSON, third party libraries and APIs
- Proficiency in at least one of these programming languages: Java, Kotlin
- Passion and experience on building consumer-facing or enterprise products; we would love to hear about apps you've developed!
- Experience with data structures, algorithms and multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of the Android Framework internals is a strong plus
- Knowledge of ARKit/ARCore and Core Vision/ML Kit, Open CV or any computer vision technology is a strong plus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.