Title: Technology Strategy, Manager
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: R&D Innovation
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich the consumer’s life. The Technology Strategy team at SRA is looking for dedicated individuals that who want to be at the forefront of technology exploration and innovation.
As a member of the Technology Strategy team, you will work closely with our research labs to drive innovation, identify potential market opportunities and help facilitate partnerships and collaborations with academic institutions, start-ups, venture partners and leading companies in Silicon Valley.
The Strategy team’s contribution to the fundamental research being done at Samsung Research America includes developing business cases and product roadmaps, sourcing and building key industry partnerships, detailing competitive analysis and industry models. Our thought leadership is anchored by detailed diligence and robust data analytics.
The team works across all labs at Samsung Research America including advanced research in mobile, computer vision, artificial intelligence, 5G and next generation communications, digital health etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define new research visions for the advanced research labs at SRA
- Propose and incubate new business/service concept and carry out MVP development
- Build business cases and go-to-market strategies for emerging technologies and products
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute the application of fundamental research to new solutions, products and use cases
- Through a data driven approach, resolve resource allocation for R&D efforts at SRA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy/business strategy/strategy & operations
- Experience with project management
- Effective communication skills (E.g. compelling presentations, clear prose)
- Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc.) or quantitative background, MBA
- 10+ years of proven industry experience in researching technology, developing strategy
- Past work experience in analytical role at top-tier consulting, investment banking or in strategy/corporate development at a major technology company
- Prior experience in the software industry
- Deep knowledge of emerging technologies in multiple verticals
- Experience working with leadership and driving cross-functional initiatives forward
Skills and Attributes
- Deep technical knowledge of market trends, innovation and technologies
- A self-motivated critical problem solver with the ability to execute at a high level
- Charismatic communicator with strong leadership skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.