Title: Visual Communication Designer & Storyteller - SDIC
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Design Lab: Samsung Design Innovation Center
Location: San Francisco, CA
Samsung Design Innovation Center is one of the leading overseas design studios at Samsung, located in San Francisco, CA. Our mission is to understand people and lifestyles to deliver meaningful experiences, through beautiful yet functional design, enabled by innovative cutting-edge technologies.
The studio is working on various advanced product experiences which can shape the future of Samsung Business, working with various internal teams through an experience-driven approach. Our work appears on smartphones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables, and other devices we can’t describe yet. See some of our work at http://design.samsung.com/global/contents/sdic/
We are looking for talented designers and creative technologists to join our group and bring new energy to our process. You should be ready to help at all stages of product design, from identifying unmet and latent needs, discovering new design opportunities, designing new product concepts to applying technology creatively to solve real user problems and create radically new experiences that re-imagine the way we interact with products.
At SDIC, the Visual Communication Designer is responsible for creating convincible Experience storytelling and making visual, video & graphics, for the story and scenarios across a wide array of devices and technologies. Our work appears on smartphones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables, and other devices we can’t describe yet. We are looking for a talented collaborative Visual Communication Designer to join our group and bring new energy to our process.
You should be ready to help at all stages of UX design and product design, from uncovering new user experience and product concepts to detailing the intricacies of the out-of-box experience, to the product experience after a year of usage.
We are interested in passionate and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable in a highly fluidlike “startup” environment. You will bring drive, smarts, and curiosity; we will provide the environment for you to thrive and grow.
- Team Leadership
- Strong User Experience based Storytelling and Visualizing the story
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Dedicated and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Resource and project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required and a Master’s Degree is preferred (or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- 5+ years in user experience design and/or video storytelling
- Documenting, visualizing the results of the story, creating scenarios and new ideas with high fidelity
- Able to present and defend ideas to the internal team, and help critique and push the rest of the team to better work
- Clear, concise, and transparent communication style
- Action-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes and proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- Conceptualize, document, visualize and develop ideas for experience and products and take them from germinal to shippable
- Work on storytelling, experience, products & features, in close collaboration with other stakeholders
- Creating the story, scenarios, and visual work to accomplish appropriately set goals successfully
- Crafting ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
Be Bold. Resonate with Soul.
SDIC drives innovation and creates disruptive user experiences. From ideation to prototype to final product launch to market, the team is in charge of all product development phases. SDIC also leads and envisions future concepts, and develops products, technologies, and ecosystem of services for these concepts.
We will consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.