Title: Staff Data Scientist
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Visual Display Intelligence
Location: Mountain View, CA
Lab Summary: The Digital Media Solutions Lab at Samsung Research America is building a next-generation data platform to support Smart TV products and services. With offices in Mountain View and Irvine, CA, we are close to a number of our collaboration partners. Our research and development include TV analytics, ads targeting, and personalized services. We ingest and process billions of records daily from millions of TVs in the field, and we are looking for an experienced professional to join our team on the development of an integrated data platform.
Position Summary: Our ideal candidate should be adept at enterprise software development using large-scale distributed data processing technologies and machine learning. They will work closely with other data engineers to implement data systems in production-stable environment. Examples include real-time events, batch processing, machine learning (including GPU), data warehouses, and data APIs. The successful candidate will be a team player, interested in the success of the entire team as a whole.
- Design, develop and maintain distributed, large-scale, real-time event and log data processes in AWS environment
- Design and develop scalable data stores with sub-second query latency on highly multi-dimensional data
- Follow best practices for high availability, scalability and reliability of data processing components
- Perform capacity planning and cost estimates of proposed solutions
- Design telemetry KPIs and monitoring of all new components in preparation to DevOps transition for monitoring
- On-board new data sets and expose data insights through APIs
- Participate and provide feedback on architecture reviews, development processes, etc.
- Lead design and code reviews and coach junior team members
- They will be working on challenging data stream processing to enable real time analytics and advertisement use cases
- They will collaborate with data scientists on development and deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Deep knowledge of recommender systems and familiar with machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.)
- Proven demonstrated experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and also implementing Machine learning models in Production
- Experience in Data Engineering (using Spark, Kafka, streaming, etc.)
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with Redshift and other AWS technologies
- Experience utilizing Object Oriented design and programming with Java/Scala/Python skills to design, develop, and maintain large-scale web applications
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.