Title: Research Engineer/Scientist (Knox Advanced R&D)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS/ DQA
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung KNOX™ (https://www.samsungknox.com/) is Samsung’s guarantee of security, and a secure device gives you the freedom to work and play how, where, and when you want. Samsung Knox consists of a highly secure platform built into Samsung devices and a set of solutions that leverage this platform. Whether you would like to keep your personal photos private, or remotely manage a batch of business smartphones, Knox has you covered.
Come join the Samsung KNOX team and help us define and develop the future core technologies for Samsung devices and services!
The successful candidate will deep dive into Samsung connected-things eco system, define novel product concept and prototype, and solve the challenging problems with a combination of techniques in artificial intelligence (AI), mobile computing and security & privacy. You are expected to research on and develop algorithms and models and will work with other team members to build the next-generation commercial product and service that will greatly improve productivity, user experience and security. You will have the opportunity to explore cutting-edge technologies and build them into real-world products that serve billions of enterprise and consumer users in their daily usages.
- Work with product team to propose new products and services for Samsung eco-system (mobile, wearable, appliance, connected car and etc)
- Define relevant technical problems to improve existing products and services
- Develop proof-of-concept technology demonstrations and conduct experiments to evaluate the performance and robustness
- Work in team to implement and deploy the products/services
- Research new technologies that could potentially lead to research publication and/or patents
- PhD students in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or relevant fields
- Solid research background in one of more fields of machine learning and/or deep learning, mobile computing, security and privacy
- Hands-on experience in building practical application/solutions using techniques in abovementioned fields
- Highly self-motivated, can work independently and also collaboratively
- Strong passion in explore new technologies and be always ready to accept new challenges
- 3 year or more industry experience in research and development in related fields is a big plus
- Expertise in ubiquitous sensing using mobile devices and/or wearable devices for creating new capability and new experience
- Expertise in optimized processing of deep neural network for resource-constrained devices
- Expertise in various topics in AI, such as reinforcement learning, transfer learning, continual learning, adversarial machine learning
- Expertise in other emerging technologies such as IoT/Blockchain, and etc
- Publication record in top venues in related fields
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.