Title: R&D Operations Specialist - Bilingual Korean / English
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: R&D Innovation & Strategy
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation technology in software, user experience, and services for future products that can enrich the consumer’s life. R&D Strategy team is looking for a highly motivated individual to serve as a R&D Operations Specialist. This role requires strong verbal and written language skills; both in Korean and English as the role requires regular reporting to executive level and management team. The ideal candidate will use his or her strategic planning and communication skill to facilitate operational process, executive reporting and coordination across multiple business units in Korea, US and Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the cross-functional activities to support the team (Project Management, HR, Finance, Facility, Administration, PR and market sensing)
- Administer Samsung specific projects and programs to manage research and development project milestone tracking, research calendar monitoring, budget and headcount management
- Manage small to mid-size company event and visitor coordination with excellent planning, managing and execution skill in event planning, logistics, status update, streamline communication to partners and key stakeholders
- Assist in establishing operational process and procedure to provide excellent and strong operational support to research labs
- Support management and research labs in strategic, operational planning (KPIs) and execution in company intended direction
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or management
- +3 years of experience in strategic planning, R&D operations for major tech companies and/or business consulting
- Strong understanding of a broad range of technologies relevant to product range from smartphones, digital appliances, TVs and smart home devices among others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills with the ability to build relation
- Polished verbal and written communication skill (English/Korean)
- Proven experience working in a cross-cultural, multi-national corporation
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Programs and preferably experienced in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator programs
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.