Title: Mobile/ Wearable Software Engineer (Android/ Kotlin)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
As a Mobile/Wearable Engineer, you will be working closely with an experienced, collaborate and entrepreneurial team that strives to offer superior digital health products on wearable and mobile devices, backed by world-class research, technical, and manufacturing capabilities.
As a cross-disciplinary health-focused product development team consisting of research, technology, design, strategy and product functions, you have the opportunity contributing to define the next generation of mobile and wearable health product and service experiences. You will be responsible for developing software not only on Mobile but also Wearable devices. You will take the very best concepts through various stages of production coding, to prove feasibility of a concept and to complete end-to-end functional software services. You will also be expected to help prove concept feasibility and provide input into the architecture of the services we build. If you love working directly on consumer-facing products and shipping what you build, we’d love to meet you!
Learn more by clicking here:
• Kotlin development (Android) is a must have skill
• Proficiency with development on at least two mobile/wearable platforms
including Android, iOS, Tizen, React Native, etc.
• Experience with at least two programming languages including Kotlin, Java, C++/C, Swift, Object C.
• Strong system development skills (sensors, media, algorithms, threading, memory management, sync, networking, power).
• Strong foundation in data structure and algorithms
• Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
• Experience with software toolkit design and implementation
• Strong understanding of physics and mathematics as applied to development of UI transitions, animations, image processing etc.
• A strong collaborator who can work across multi-disciplinary teams
• Develop health focused product.
• Create front-end user interface prototypes.
• Troubleshoot and analyze system level issues end to end
• Work with cross-disciplinary teams (design, research, product) throughout the design process.
• 5+ years experience in mobile (Android) software development
• Bachelor’s or Master’ degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Ideally, candidates have formal training or significant experience in a user centered development process, including working with an integrated design team
• Strong candidate should present a portfolio of their work including code that they have written.
• Candidate must also present the ability to understand designs presented to them and the thought process in how they went about prototyping these designs.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.