Title: Sr. Research Engineer -Wireless Communications and Sensing Systems
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Standards and Mobility Innovation Team
Location: Plano, TX
Lab Summary: The Standards & Mobility Innovation team is committed to developing technologies that enable ubiquitous access to information and provide immersive multimedia experiences for mobility users. Our research focuses on:
- Wireless standards and technology including Wi-Fi, 5G, LTE-A, IoT
- RF & fast prototyping of 5G and IEEE 802 wireless systems and/or use cases
- Multimedia standards and technology including VR, HDR, All-IP delivery.
Position Summary: Join the SMI lab of Samsung Research America in Plano, Texas to contribute to the R&D of the Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11), Ultra Wideband (IEEE 802.15.4) or 3GPP 5G NR communication and/or sensing systems design and prototyping.
- Understanding of advanced radio access technologies such as MIMO, OFDM, OFDMA, and Single Carrier FDMA physical layers and/or MAC layers.
- Working understanding of the systems engineering and architecture concepts of advanced mobile cellular networks and/or WLAN.
- Proven skills in the simulation of cellular network and WLAN technologies, to derive tradeoffs and to predict performance in diverse channel conditions.
- Solid knowledge of multiple antenna (MIMO) technologies and digital signal processing
- Experience in advanced receiver algorithms and link level simulations.
- Experience in machine learning algorithms and software tools.
- Ability to clearly define high level requirements and criteria to be used in the evaluation of air interface technology alternatives.
- Ability to generate clear and organized technical submissions (presentations as well as contribution text documents) for standards-bodies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively represent the derived results and technical concepts developed in the course of the work.
- IEEE 802 and 3GPP standards knowledge, experience desired.
- Hands-on MATLAB, C++, Python coding skills.
- PhD with 3+ yrs. of experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.