Title: AI Wireless Systems Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Standards and 5G Mobility Innovation (SMI)
Location: Mountain View, CA or Plano, TX
The Standards & 5G Mobility Innovation team is committed to developing technologies that enable ubiquitous access to information and provide immersive multimedia experiences for mobility users. Our research focuses on:
- Wireless standards and technology including 5G, LTE-A, IoT
- RF & fast prototyping of 5G wireless systems
- Multimedia standards and technology including VR, HDR, All-IP delivery.
Join the SMI lab of Samsung Research America in Plano, Texas or Mountain View, California to contribute in the development of Samsung's vision of next generation of wireless communication technology. The candidate shall be responsible for developing, profiling and delivering algorithm, design specification and software for AI empowered wireless communication system.
- Design next generation wireless communication products
- Apply AI and machine learning for designing optimized wireless systems targeting different use-cases, and demonstrate improved performance
- Create system specification based on the high level concept including applying AI and machine learning for wireless systems
- Integrate wireless system simulator with generic machine learning environments, and evaluate performance with AI-in-the-loop simulations or prototyping
- Generate clear, organized technical reports and assist the development of related IPR
- The preferred candidate will have a minimal 5 years of industry (or good match academic research) experience in an advanced technology development environment.
- Excellent working knowledge using Python and Python based ML modules such as Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensor flow, Keras-RL, PyTorch and Pandas libraries.
- Have prior experience implementing machine learning algorithms for solving challenging problems preferably in wireless communication system design
- Hands-on experiencing integrating Python ML modules with wireless system simulators.
- Solid background in digital signal processing and wireless communication systems design and different components including digital filters, FFTs, synchronization, channel estimation, equalization, MIMO detection, error-correction codes, etc.
- Good understanding of RF system architecture, performance specification and measurement, RF/baseband interface.
- Familiar with 3GPP standards
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Education – MSCS/MSEE, PhD or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.