Title: (Sr.) Manager HR Business Partner
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning strategic objectives with employees and leadership in designated organizations. The position serves as a consultant to employees on a variety of human resources-related issues and acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, while communicating needs proactively with the HR team and leadership to develop coordinated solutions. The position also formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver valuable service to leaders and employees that reflect the objectives of the organization.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coach, advise and partner with managers and employees on a variety of areas including: employee relations, investigations, performance management, policy interpretation, compensation and benefits
- Drive executional excellence and organizational change on initiatives including talent reviews, performance management, diversity and inclusion, analytics, learning & development, and overall process improvements
- Build and execute initiatives to drive individual and team performance
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Partner with others in HR to ensure accuracy in organizational hierarchy, compensation, and leveling
- Some travel may be necessary
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in human resources, specifically in employee engagement or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization issues
- Effective communicator and listener with very strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to create and maintain strong, professional relationships at different levels of organization
- Skilled in effectively handling sensitive and confidential communications and materials
- Proven success in driving projects forward successfully to completion
- Comfortable operating in a constantly evolving environment
- Strong working knowledge of state/federal employment laws and regulations
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.