Title: Senior Staff Graphics Software Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS/ MCL
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated Senior Graphics Engineer. We are looking for candidates with 3D computer graphics, algorithms, frameworks and application development background. This is a great opportunity to join Samsung AR/VR team which is focused on building the next generation head mounted displays (HMDs). The candidate will have a chance to work closely with various cross-functional engineers to design, develop, debug and deploy many aspects towards the rendering pipeline and also work with hardware engineers for display interfaces. If you are a fast-learner with a strong passion for new technologies, come join us in the Mobile Communication Lab and help us build next generation HMDs.
- Design, develop, test and debug various cutting-edge 3D graphics algorithms, techniques and tools for the best graphics quality and performance on mobile and HMD devices
- Perform extensive research and analysis to make optimal architecture and design decisions that enhances the quality of rendering pipeline on mobile/HMDs
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams within the mobile division and also with other Samsung subsidiaries across the globe to deliver the optimal graphics solutions
- Write high-quality and maintainable code, perform code reviews and document the graphics features
- Participate in new product concepts and create proof-of-concept prototypes to deliver innovative AR/VR products
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with design, implementation and optimization of 3D graphics algorithms and applications using rendering APIs like Vulkan and OpenGL
- 7+ years of software development experience with strong C and C++ programming
- Proficient with writing vertex, fragment, and compute shaders using shading languages such as GLSL
- Strong knowledge in GPU/CPU optimizations, debugging and performance analysis for latency and framerate improvements
- Mobile or Android programming/development experience and OpenGL ES is highly desirable
- AR/VR or any other forms of HMDs development is a plus
- Familiarity with GPU architectures and design is a plus
- Familiarity with AR/VR standards like OpenXR is a plus
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.