Title: Senior Full-Stack (frontend-focused) Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Bixby is a next-generation virtual personal assistant, brought to you by the team that created Siri. Bixby provides a truly open platform that lets any developer extend its knowledge and capabilities.
Description of the role:
Do you want to join a team that is at the cutting edge of virtual personal assistant technologies? Do you enjoy building tools that can unlock people’s creativity and help them build something cool and super useful? Then why not apply? We are looking for people just like you! You will help us build Bixby Developer Studio, an award-winning IDE, built using Electron and web technologies, to provide a completely integrated development environment for Bixby capsules.
If server applications are your thing, you may also help us build and scale our Node.JS-based microservice infrastructure running on AWS / GCP / Kubernetes. These services are mission-critical systems that serve hundreds of millions of users. They are used by our AI consumer apps, the Bixby Developer Center and Marketplace, as well as several internal apps.
- Implement new features for Bixby Studio to make it easy to create high-quality capsules with great user experience
- Optimize Bixby Studio to provide smooth and efficient developer experience even with very complex capsules
- Implement new designs and components for Bixby View, a UI framework that works across various Bixby devices (mobile, TV, watch, etc.)
- Implement new features for Bixby Developer Center and Marketplace to make it simple to publish capsules and collaborate with developers.
- Improve reliability and performance of our continuous delivery and automated testing infrastructure to enable the streamlined release of innovative AI features.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years minimum of relevant experience
- You are excited about our vision and want to collaborate with our team to build the next
- You enjoy writing elegant, maintainable, and readable code
- You believe that technical design and code reviews are critical parts of the software development process
- You don’t need to be convinced that Continuous Delivery is the only way to ship software
- Experience with React, Redux, and Webpack
- Experience with Node.JS and its ecosystem
- Experience writing unit, integration, and functional tests, specifically for web services
- Experience designing and building web services
- Having published your own npm modules, or contributed back to a well-known open source project, is a plus
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.