Title: UEFI/ BIOS/ Firmware Security Architect (Knox System)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS/ KNOX
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung KNOX is a comprehensive, secure mobile solution for both work life and personal life. It addresses the mobile security needs of enterprise IT without invading an employee’s personal privacy. Samsung KNOX enables employees to use their favorite personal mobile devices at work as well as enabling enterprises to allow personal use of company devices.
The successful candidate will deep dive into Samsung connected-things eco system, and design the new security architecture for UEFI/Bios firmware security of Samsung next-generation enterprise computers. You will research on and develop innovative hardware-based security mechanism to defend Samsung computer products against the increasing threats from various aspects. You will work with a global task force to launch the security features and products for Samsung enterprise-oriented computer offerings.
- Develop code to make use of Intel SGX/TXT/ME and other Intel technologies in EFI as per program requirements.
- Work on the full development cycle from initial concept/idea through delivery, including creating high level design documents, developing proof of concept design, and working with a global team to develop, and deliver planned features.
- Work with product team to create detailed specification, requirements.
- Work with quality assurance team to create test plan, and to triage issues and implement correction plans to remedy/fix them.
- Review industry standards, new partner technologies, marketing and customer requirements and create actionable plans to aid product team for feature planning.
- Typically requires 10+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor's degree; or 8+ years with a Master's degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in computer architecture, UEFI/BIOS firmware, Intel SGX/TXT/ME and other Intel technologies in EFI
- Solid background with computer security, especially hardware security (TCG Specs, TPM, etc)
- Extensive experience in designing and developing UEFI/BIOS firmware security features on intel platform
- Experience on Windows development
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, C/C++
- Experience as a tech lead or an architect in developing UEFI/Bios security feature
- Knowledge and experience hypervisor development on windows/intel platform
- Knowledge and experience on virtualization on windows/intel platform
- Previous research experience on computer (windows/intel) security, UEFI security, virtualization is a big plus
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.