Title: Research Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Samsung Artificial Intelligence Center New York
Location: New York, NY
The Samsung AI Center New York is one of Samsung’s Global AI Research Centers, located in New York City. SAIC-NY conducts fundamental research at the intersection of robotics and neuroscience, creates innovative theories, and develops prototypes and demonstrations of pioneering products and applications for Samsung. The Samsung AI Center in New York will lead in turning fundamental scientific discoveries into revolutionary products that reach hundreds of millions of users across the world.
Our team is composed of renowned experts in machine learning, neuroscience and robotics. Researchers collaborate with leading academic groups as well as other Samsung research centers around the globe. Team members have the intellectual freedom to cultivate their research agenda by partnering with universities and publishing in leading scientific conferences and journals. We are currently seeking individuals who share our passion and motivation to advance fundamental science and build groundbreaking prototypes.
Building autonomous robotic systems requires addressing challenging problems regarding real-time perception, decision-making, high-dimensional planning, and robust motor control. As a Research Engineer, you should have a strong motivation to initiate and accomplish ambitious research agenda, and help overcome these technical challenges. You will work closely with other Research Scientists and Engineers in collaborative, interdisciplinary teams to discover, invent, and build things that have meaningful real-world impact.
This position requires significant experience performing software engineering, in C/C++ and Python.
Our research engineers are expected to create new technologies, therefore they have to be able to adapt to rapidly changing research tools and landscape. Proficiency of Git and Linux is expected.
Other requirements include:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines is required
- Research experience or coursework in one or more of the following areas: robotics, computer vision, machine learning, neural networks, mechatronics, signal processing, or a related technical field
- Experience building robotic systems (hardware/software) is desirable
- 2+ years production-level programming experience in one or more of the following:
- C, C++, Python, and/or functional programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team environment
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.