Title: Senior Product Manager for PC & Mobile Systems
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS), we are looking for passionate product managers to share their creative vision and to build applications and services for Samsung's array of devices spanning Windows PC, mobile phones, Windows PC, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team of world-class researchers, designers and engineers in the field of AI/ML, IAM & IOT technologies, with emphasis on Windows OS, enterprise security and privacy.
Come join the Samsung MPS team and be a leader in bringing futuristic services to life!
The Product Manager will work closely with various internal organizations including business development, engineering, architecture and designers to define requirements and roadmaps. The product team will champion their product design and realization from cradle to grave
- Create cohesive vision and strategy across all products and lead innovations
- Act as the overall Product Owner to drive clarity of the product to meet commercial and strategic goals
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Manages high-impact/large-scale projects/initiatives, develops leaders
- Define and articulate use cases/features/requirements for features that have been proposed
- Ensure that features/requirements meet certain entry criteria before assignment to a release
- Soliciting and formalizing feedback from business teams and technology partners
- Ensuring adherence to Product Management processes related to change control, documentation, etc.
- Validating business case and partner readiness to prioritize among feature requests to ensure optimal ROI
- Partnering with stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Technical Program Managers, Marketing, Customer Support across various geographies
- Performing competitive and gap analysis to understand market trends for existing products and targeted market segments
- Engineering degree in EE, CS or similar. MBA preferred
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Familiar with best practices regarding kernel isolation, sandbox policies, security configuration management and security protection features like identity access management, browser control and device health performance
- Experience with security, virus & threat monitoring and detection tools within virtual environments/containers including Windows and/or Android OS is a plus
- Proven previous experience in end-to-end product lifecycle (concept through deployment and maintenance) is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Empathize deeply with our customers and advocate for their needs
- Technical and business confidence to assert and/or defend positions regarding definition and priority of features
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently at all levels in the organization
- Able to travel internationally (<25%)
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.