Title:(Sr.) Manager - Studio Relations Group/Business Development and Technology Partnerships
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Digital Media Solutions Lab
Location: Irvine, CA
Lab Summary: The Digital Media Solutions Lab at Samsung Research America is developing innovative and advanced core technologies related to video and audio systems.
SRA America is looking for a Business Development and Technology Partnerships manager to lead transactional opportunities with the Media and Entertainment vertical – including gaming.
They will be focused on engaging external partners and prospects and execution of transactions. The mission will be searching for large technology vendors who could utilize SRA R&D technologies, such as HDR10+ and HDR10+ GAMING into their product portfolios and the mission also includes open Innovation, which encompasses technology partnership opportunities.
The team partners with major companies in the entertainment and media ecosystem working with R&D teams in the US, Samsung’s Headquarters in Korea and various labs around the world growing new media technology ecosystems in order to bring the next generation of video experiences to consumers.
The candidate must have a passion for technology and intellectual curiosity to identify the technological impact on various business units in SRA. This position will work closely with team leaders and cross-functional teams.
- Work with Movie Studios, Online Streaming Service Providers and large gaming vendors to identify partnerships and scale media technology ecosystem.
- Proactively propose new technologies to business units and help them meet their technology partnership needs.
- Develop and manage technology related partnerships with large technology vendors.
- Manage ongoing operations to ensure strong working relationships between business units and partners.
- Collaborate internally with product, marketing, sales, legal and other internal teams.
- Provide post-partnership support to ensure that the product is successfully sold to end customers.
- Focus on delivery with partners based on priorities and proactively remove or anticipate obstacles in order to meet commitments.
- Develop expertise in SRA R&D Media Technologies
- Minimum 7 years of experience in technology fields, with a substantial portion in partnership development, technology planning, and Media and Entertainment – Gaming experience preferred.
- 6+ years of recent experience and experience of technologies including: HDR, Mastering, and Gaming specific technology.
- Proven track record of technology partnerships development and management.
- Possess a strong professional network among entrepreneurs and vendors. Able to effectively build relationships in order to effectively partner and get things done through influence, without any formal authority.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strong planning, project and organizational skills. Must be comfortable discussing technical details with engineering teams as well as persuading internal and external stakeholders in business and product levels.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand technology and its strategic impact for Samsung SRA Business and Development Units.
- Knowledgeable about technology trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in a technical field plus an MBA is preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.