Title: Senior Research Scientist - AI Wireless
Company: Samsung Research America
Lab: Samsung Artificial Intelligence Center Montreal
Location: Montreal, Canada
Lab Summary: The Samsung Research Montreal AI Center (SAIC-Montreal) lab is committed to developing technologies that exploit modern AI techniques to enhance the performance and versatility of next-generation wireless networks (5G and beyond). This includes maximizing performance of the network, the provision of ubiquitous access to information, immersive multimedia experiences for mobility users and enabling edge device and autonomous vehicles.
Our research focuses on:
- AI-based network traffic management
- Learning-based predictive analysis
Position Summary: Researchers that join the Montreal AI Center will conduct leading-edge publishable research and contribute to the development of Samsung's vision of next generation of intelligent wireless communication technology. The candidate shall be responsible for developing, profiling and delivering algorithms, as well as designing specifications and software for AI empowered wireless communication systems.
- Participate in the synthesis of new algorithms and new approaches to 5G performance enhancement
- Apply AI and machine learning for designing optimized wireless systems targeting different use-cases, and demonstrate improved performance
- Create system specifications based on high level concepts including applying AI and machine learning for wireless systems
- Integrate wireless system simulator with generic machine learning environments, and evaluate performance with AI-in-the-loop simulations or prototyping
- Publish or co-publish research papers in topics related to ongoing research
- Propose or collaborate on the proposal of new intellectual property (e.g. patents)
- Generate clear, organized technical reports and assist the development of related IPR
- The preferred candidate will have a minimal 6 years of industry experience or comparable research/academic background in a telecom, cellular or related advanced technology development environment, ideally related to 5G.
- The preferred candidate will have a doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications Engineering or a related discipline
- Extensive experience with wireless simulation systems such as ns3
- Working knowledge using Python and Python based machine learning modules such as Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, Keras-RL, PyTorch and Pandas libraries.
- Have prior experience managing or implementing deep learning or reinforcement learning algorithms for solving challenging problems, preferably in wireless communication system design
- Experience with diverse applications of AI/ML in different domains is an asset
- A history of authorship or co-authorship on peer-reviewed publications is expected
- Hands-on experiencing integrating Python ML modules with wireless system simulators.
- Familiarity with 3GPP standards, and/or related LTE and 5G standards is an asset
- Excellent verbal communications
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Experience with technical exposition and communication is a significant asset
- Knowledge of networking including but not limited to routing protocols (OSPF, BGP) and services would be an asset.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.