Art Director (Freelance/Fulltime)
Location: Campbell, CA
Start Date: Immediate
STAR Labs (Samsung Technology & Advanced Research Labs) is headed by Pranav Mistry with a mission to undertake independent initiatives to create end-to-end new businesses and expand growth areas for Samsung. At STAR Labs, we are building new immersive and intelligent services that are making science fiction a reality. STAR Labs consists of best of the best from domains such as computer science, business strategy, engineering, design; and diverse set of experiences from places like MIT, Stanford, Oxford, CMU, ArtCenter, Nasa, Google, Microsoft and many more. NEON is a venture from STAR Labs (http://neon.life)
The team builds upon their outstanding track record of creating products that have real-world impact at a global scale. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for the best to join and help us build the foundation for our next magical technology stack. We value our differences and are excited to learn what you can add to STAR Labs.
- Good listener, able to put themselves in others shoes to understand design briefs and client needs.
- 10+ years of Design & Art Direction experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Passionate about design and the quality of the work output.
- Ability to think conceptually and visually communicate the right ideas.
- Ability to develop and articulate design concepts developing from storyboard to final execution.
- Proficient in print and motion and graphic design, including logo, typography, and graphic communication.
- Expert in Adobe CC. Particularly in After Effects.
- Create beautiful style frames, storyboards, and animation.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to deliver quality results and meet the deadlines on time.
- Must Provide a demo reel/online portfolio to be considered for the role.
- This role is open to immediate and future availabilities.
Skills: Nice to have, but not limited to:
- C4D/Nuke proficiency.
- Knowledge of other design related softwares is a major plus
- Knowledge in UX and supporting apps is a major plus
- Project leadership that includes conceptualizing of design briefs, planning the approach, executing the design, and helping to lead a team through project delivery when necessary.
- Stay calm and respectful under pressure. Working closely with our Head of Design and Development teams to identify project key points and develop written and visual treatments for design challenges.
- Be involved throughout the project, ensuring a reliable contact within the team to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Lead and inspire the team to produce outstanding work.
- Hands-on tackle any creative tasks as needed.
- Research, brainstorm, plan, manage, sketch, execute, review, revise, deliver.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.