This role is part of our Product Marketing Team within the Samsung Next Product organization.
About Next Product
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to deliver customer-centric products that engage ecosystems globally to create a positive impact. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to create and deliver new software and services businesses and platforms to Samsung and the world. Our in-house team of designers, product managers, engineers, and go-to-market specialists aims to positively evolve the way people work and live. Globally distributed, our team is laser focused on bringing in the best talent for any given role, regardless of their physical location, to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek,” have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
The Product Marketing team at Whisk is looking for a Marketing Manager, Community Growth with strong interpersonal skills and experience in building and managing engaging communities. This role reports to the Sr. Product Marketing Manager for B2C Whisk.
The Community & Social Media Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, moderation and growth of Whisk communities and consumer-facing social media, bringing our communities to international markets and will work with Marketing, Success and Product teams to drive engagement and best practices.
- Administer Whisk Communities:
- Create and maintain community guidelines
- Moderate consumer and creator content
- Monitor community health and growth
- Report on relevant issues and outcomes, provide community feedback to the product organization
- Manage pipeline of community content:
- Creating local community content
- Working with subject matter experts, designers and influencers (chefs, food creators, CPGs) to understand develop new content as well as understand their needs and provide feedback to product teams
- Bridge communications between Samsung local offices around the world to drive the creation of localized content
- Oversee the promotion, engagement and growth of Whisk Communities, including:
- Working with growth and product marketing teams to provide a seamless experience for Communities across channels, identify opportunities for community expansion and execute those strategies
- Manage growth programs, such as contests, online classes, giveaways to drive adoption and community engagement
- Outreach to Samsung offices to promote local Whisk communities around the world
- Manage Whisk social media channels
- Develop and maintain social media guidelines and best practices for Whisk
- Proactively engage with creators, brands and influencers on social channels to expand Whisk’s reach and influence
- Experiment with new social channels and strategies and stay current on social media trends
- Work with the product, marketing and PR managers to align marketing strategies them with social media and communications campaigns
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Ensure timely response and proactive engagement on with customers and partners via social media
- Demonstrates and provides training on community features, business challenges and solutions to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- 3+ years Community Management experience
- Experience working in remote teams
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)
- Experience setting strategy and managing social media channels
- Proven ability to execute tasks with high quality and within time constraints
- Effective and versatile written and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamically changing environment
- Professional online community knowledge management or moderator experience preferred
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures - Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships - Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A - Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
At Samsung NEXT, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.