This contract role is part of the Global Design Group within the Samsung NEXT Product organization
About NEXT Product
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to deliver customer-centric products that engage ecosystems globally to build a positive impact. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to build and deliver new software and services businesses and platforms to Samsung and the world. Our in-house team of designers, product managers, engineers, and go-to-market specialists seeks to positively evolve the way people work and live. Globally distributed, our team is laser passionate about bringing in the best talent for any given role, regardless of their physical location, to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek,” have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be encouraged to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Product Designer, you will help define the interaction models and set the visual language and tone for the products serviced by the Global Design Group. You will work with the Head of Design to envision and execute on key visual artifacts and craft product stories that bring clarity to strategic narratives & proposed initiatives. Your work should empower internal & external partners across the organization and should be cohesive enough to drive brand mentorship and guidelines. You will be responsible for a spectrum of scoped end-to-end sub-tasks within larger projects and you should be able to guide and support the needs of more junior designers. You display a solid understanding of a variety of design processes and can evangelize the benefits of these processes to more junior team members, engineers, PMs and other collaborators.
- Ability to scope work and self-manage expectations and deliverables.
- Ability to facilitate and lead other designers through work product or through direction.
- Ability to gracefully give and receive feedback relating to the critique of performance and work product.
- Proactive enough to lead through ambiguity and drive progress through results.
- Ability to meaningfully adapt language for marketing, business, or technical terms.
- 5+ years of experience in product/UX/UI design
- Strong Proficiency in conducting your own design research.
- Builds strong arguments and design rationale based on insights and data.
- Proficiency in tools to illustrate a GUI flow or interaction through visualization or prototyping.
- Ability to put work in narrative context.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to speak to the work product.
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. Our team exclusively works with software and services startups that have the potential to complement Samsung’s market-leading consumer hardware. Our innovation model blends the best of both worlds: the agility of a startup with the scale of one of the world’s leading consumer electronics companies.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product: designs and builds software experiences to transform the way we work and live
- Ventures: invests in startups that have the potential to scale by leveraging the Samsung ecosystem
- Partnerships: builds partnerships with innovative companies to enrich Samsung products and services
- M&A: acquires game-changing companies to bring their products and services to consumers worldwide
At Samsung NEXT, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.