This role is part of our Product Marketing Team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
About NEXT Product
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to deliver customer-centric products that engage ecosystems globally to create a positive impact. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to create and deliver new software and services businesses and platforms to Samsung and the world. Our in-house team of designers, product managers, engineers, and go-to-market specialists aims to positively evolve the way people work and live. Globally distributed, our team is laser focused on bringing in the best talent for any given role, regardless of their physical location, to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek,” have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
The Product Marketing team at Whisk is focused on growing and retaining new users of the Whisk consumer apps, as well as recipe creators, brands, and publishers—all of these require a strong, strategic, and engaging presence on social media. As the Social Media Manager at Whisk, you will help set the strategy, tone, and vision for our social presence, while also being hands-on in designing, executing and reporting on social initiatives, experiments, and coordinated product launches.
In this contract role you will work closely with product marketers, growth marketers, product managers, and designers to help develop and implement our strategy across social channels. You will:
- Develop social strategy and plans to help increase awareness of Whisk, nurture potential customers and clients, and boost engagement with our brand
- Collaborate with design and brand to create assets that can be used across social channels and in other marketing messages
- Work hand in hand with Growth Marketing to identify opportunities for paid amplification of social strategies and initiatives
- Work experimentally, turning every initiative into a test or opportunity for learning and improvement
- Deliver detailed reports of engagement, learnings, and next steps to the marketing team
- Understand new social channels, programs, or trends and make recommendations for how to leverage them
- Monitor social channels and respond to customer feedback, inquiries, complaints, etc. in real time
- Monitor and respond to app reviews in real time
- BA/BS with at minimum 2-4 years of experience
- A strong background in social media marketing and strategy
- Analytical - able to design and report on experiments and campaigns with little oversight
- Proven record of experimentation and testing—we want to hear examples of how you’ve proven out or disproven hypotheses
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. Our team exclusively works with software and services startups that have the potential to complement Samsung’s market-leading consumer hardware. Our innovation model blends the best of both worlds: the agility of a startup with the scale of one of the world’s leading consumer electronics companies.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product: designs and builds software experiences to transform the way we work and live
- Ventures: invests in startups that have the potential to scale by leveraging the Samsung ecosystem
- Partnerships: creates partnerships with innovative companies to enrich Samsung products and services
- M&A: acquires game-changing companies to bring their products and services to consumers worldwide
At Samsung NEXT, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.