This role is part of the Whisk product team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
Whisk is a food-tech platform that helps consumers turn food inspiration into action (buy, cook) through a shopping list and saved recipe box. Whisk has both a B2C side that’s available on multiple web, mobile and hardware surfaces and a B2B side which makes the Whisk platform available to some of the world’s largest recipe publishers, grocery retailers and CPG brands.
Whisk was acquired by Samsung NEXT in March 2019 and is investing heavily in developing and scaling the platform, in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
The Whisk PM team is a team of 5 Product Managers. As part of Samsung NEXT, the team works alongside other PMs across the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
As Senior Product Manager, Consumer Platform you will contribute to the vision, strategy, and experimentation roadmap of key product initiatives focused on unlocking remarkable experiences for our global Whisk audience. You will join one other Product Manager on the B2C side of the business and own features from start to finish. This is not a role for developing Powerpoint, it is a role for enabling a team of engineers to build compelling user value as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for managing new Consumer Platform product features from start to finish
- Responsible for key growth product initiatives. You’ll define the growth, product partnerships and opportunities to accelerate growth across our Platform touching B2B, B2C, and partnership channels with a specific focus of growing the total ecosystem and adding value to each partner in the ecosystem
- Evaluate projects and define multi-channel growth strategies and KPIs based on product needs, and drawing from deep customer insights, data, and research
- Collaborate with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, marketing, sales) to establish and coordinate growth strategies
- You will need to balance front-line product management, project management, and the long-term vision with ongoing feedback from engineering, users and the B2B Product Managers
- Establish and communicate milestones, refine use cases and validate their user value, prioritize feature backlog, and ensure everything stays on track
- Work with the marketing team to help them develop and clearly communicate value propositions to users
- You will be involved in conversations with key strategic product partners (e.g. potential hardware divisions at Samsung or third-party retailer and hardware integrations) to help plan out integrations
- You validate your activity against user needs, questioning our current thoughts, offering and processes to make sure we can fulfill what the user wants
- You will be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle, including product definition, usability testing, backlog management, documentation, go to market planning, and project schedule management
- You will work with a globally distributed team - based in the US and Europe.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related work experience with a minimum of 2+ years experience in product management in software-focused businesses, ideally that shipped successful products
- A deep breadth of product management experience with an understanding of the lean methodology
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile analytical tools to measure user engagement
- Ability to use data to iterate optimize onboarding and conversion flows
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, ideally in a distributed environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience managing a product that’s on multiple surfaces (e.g. web, native mobile, voice, wearables, IoT) is a plus
- Experience in B2C food-tech is a plus
- A technical background is a plus
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures - Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships - Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A - Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
At Samsung NEXT, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.