This role is for a Principal Product Manager for Dis.co team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization
Dis.co is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of Dis.co is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform that utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, Dis.co is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About Samsung NEXT Product
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to deliver customer-centric products that engage ecosystems globally to create a positive impact. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Principal Product Manager at Dis.co, you will take part in designing and developing the future of cloud computing, alongside a great team of professionals who take self-progress very seriously while always learning new ways to get better at what they do and understand what they don't.
We look for a motivated and vibrant principal product manager, that can both face the customers (outbound) and the R&D team (inbound). On the one hand, you will be in charge of designing the product and the Product-Market fit based on market and customer research, face-to-face meetings and deep understanding of their needs. On the other hand, you will make sure the product is delivered by working with our developers, designers, and marketing.
You will work closely with the R&D teams in Tel-Aviv, as well as different Samsung Next functions that are located in San Francisco, these are executive and professionals that serve as Heads of Go-to-Market, Design and Engineering, Product and more.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product.
- Map and identify the potential customers, their cloud computing use case, needs and pains.
- Identify our possible offering opportunities for these customers and strategize approaches accordingly.
- Initiate communication, provide leads and build relationships with prospective customers.
- Prioritize according to market fit and design MVPs.
- Break the product down to manageable units (user stories) and lay it down on a roadmap.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Align product vision with the businesses' short and long-term goals.
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with the different stakeholders.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching the industry and related events, publications and announcement
- Become the key evangelist of product and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts
- Lead Product Marketing Managers to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in tech product management.
- Prior experience of the cloud computing ecosystem, services, use cases, players and competitors - a major advantage!
- Engineering/CS background - Advantage
- Well versed and experienced in product development methodologies in fast-paced work environment
- Customer centric - understands user needs, market dynamics and very attentive to details.
- Experience working with marketing, GTM and sales teams, communicating the story and pitching to different audiences.
- Extensive work experience in a startup setting and large scale companies
- Experienced and motivated to take a product from 0 to 1, in a startup environment.
- Energetic, people-oriented and a strong communicator
- Fluent in English
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. Our team exclusively works with software and services startups that have the potential to complement Samsung’s market-leading consumer hardware. Our innovation model blends the best of both worlds: the agility of a startup with the scale of one of the world’s leading consumer electronics companies.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product: designs and builds software experiences to transform the way we work and live
- M&A: acquires game-changing companies to bring their products and services to consumers worldwide
- Ventures: invests in startups that have the potential to scale by leveraging the Samsung ecosystem
- Partnerships: creates partnerships with innovative companies to enrich Samsung products and services
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all phenomenal ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a dedication to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.