This role is part of our Marketing & Communications team within Samsung NEXT organization.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing Communications to own all of Samsung NEXT marketing initiatives, spanning Partnerships, Investments, M&A, and Accelerator. You will drive overall marketing and positioning of Samsung NEXT internally and externally.
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses at scale.
- Develop and execute an external and global communications strategy aligned with business objectives, and in coordination with senior leadership team
- Develop Samsung NEXT narratives and storylines focused on conveying value proposition and other key messages to audiences
- Own all of Samsung NEXT marketing initiatives, spanning Partnerships, Investments, M&A, and Accelerator
- Drive overall marketing and positioning of Samsung NEXT internally and externally
- Create and own all Samsung NEXT marketing materials, including presentations and website materials
- Develop PR programs, initiatives, and campaigns that drive awareness and brand advocacy of Samsung NEXT and distribute unified company messaging in a form that resonates with target audiences (entrepreneurs, peer VCs, and industry influencers)
- Create a multichannel global thought leadership platform (website, thought leadership, social media, traditional media, speaking opportunities, etc.) that leverages a diverse set of tools to engage target audiences
- Create executive thought leadership programs that enhance the profiles of senior leaders and increase opportunities for media interviews, speaking engagements and participation in influential events
- Manage crisis communications and media train executives
- Lead strategy and execution for the organization's announcements (investments, acquisitions, etc.)
- Develop and execute key communications for executives including messaging, talking points, keynotes, bylines, briefing documents, FAQs, positioning statements, press releases, presentations, and other collateral
- Empower Samsung NEXT team to engage in PR by providing employees with tools and resources to advocate
- Manage external PR agency to develop and drive strategic communications and PR campaigns
- Collaborate and coordinate with groups within Samsung Headquarters for announcements, POVs and other messaging
- Create and manage best-in-class communications and PR team
- BA/BS in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in corporate communications and PR (traditional, digital, social and print media; reputation management; crisis communications; internal communications), ideally in-house. Must have technology experience and understanding of startups and startup culture
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience managing design and production of print and digital collateral, including familiarity with graphic and web design and media analytics tools
- Established media relationships and demonstrated success securing interviews, creating and executing PR campaigns and measuring effectiveness
- Experience creating messaging and briefing documents; securing executive interviews and press coverage
- Experience building executive thought leadership platforms
- Team-player and builder who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment and startup culture
- Strong decision-maker and ability to reorient teams and drive execution when priorities change
- Superior problem-solving skill and a "can-do" attitude
- Exceptional writing/editing and storytelling skills
- Creative-thinker and passionate about brand storytelling, PR and tech
- Ability to supervise and train employees
- Champion of process and culture change
Portfolio of media placements and writing samples required.
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.