This role is part of the Product Marketing team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
Whisk is the world’s leading smart food platform and was acquired by Samsung NEXT in March 2019. Whisk’s consumer experience is available across multiple platforms on web, mobile, voice, as a browser extension and integrated on Samsung hardware and features a grocery shopping lists and saved recipes. As part of recently joining Samsung NEXT, Whisk continues to build a multi-sided marketplace over the past 7 years that delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IoT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has a consumer experience, my.whisk.com for shopping lists, saved recipes, and other potential experiences. As part of recently joining Samsung NEXT, we plan to invest more heavily in the platform investing in each aspect of the network (publisher, retailer, IoT, Health, Brands, & B2C), in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help bring the B2C Whisk products to market. You will be responsible for all aspects of marketing Whiskworking x-functionally across product, sales, UX/design, and engineering teams to deliver top-of-funnel growth and conversion. In this role, you will be responsible for audience development, messaging, positioning, GTM planning and execution, and help grow Whisk’s ecosystem.
The successful product marketing manager role will require an individual with a combination of both strategic and hands-on/can-do personality. S/he will have a strong marketing foundation and be able to jump between creative aspects of marketing while being the centerpiece for many conversations with Product, Design, Research, and Demand Gen.
What you’ll do:
- Be the marketing owner of all aspects of marketing (website, content, PR, influencer, app store marketing, SEO, paid marketing, email, push notifications, in-app notifications, partnerships, etc)
- Own marketing metrics, understanding best-performing channels and using data to inform and prioritize work
- Go-to-market plans - Develop full go-to-market plans for launching new products or feature updates of existing products across desktop, mobile, out-of-home / voice integrations. Own both the user growth and user activation parts of the funnel.
- Continue to craft the narrative - you have a passion and affinity for messaging and positioning, to be used across each stage of the funnel. Test and optimize across target audiences, understanding that these messages may vary from country to country.
- Create and execute on funnel conversion optimizations and demonstrate impact in adoption and engagement.
- Do deep-dives into understanding customer segments, their needs and build data-based, actionable insights for programs in a variety of target geographies. Drive research plans to steer and validate the product roadmap.
- Cross-functional teamwork - Work with teams distributed around the world across product management, engineering, and corporate marketing & communications.
- Experience with Growth, Influencer Marketing, Demand Gen, and middle of funnel marketing activities(such as drip emails, push notifications, onboarding modals) a big plus.
- 5-7 years of working experience, with a minimum of 5 years of industry-relevant product marketing experiences, and with a track record of delivering successful growth and engagement for both products on multiple platforms (e.g. web, native mobile, voice, hardware integrations)
- You can jump in and collaborate with product, engineering, design, and data team members to create a compelling product vision and accompanying development timeline.
- Master storyteller: You’re able to craft a compelling narrative across different channels - you know how to match the message to the medium (e.g. web desktop and, native mobile, voice, hardware integrations).
- You are metrics-driven and own the marketing funnel. You are able to use industry-standard tools (e.g. Mixpanel, Google Analytics) to understand and interrogate the data and make informed decisions based on it.
- You know how to research and understand your users and competition, and you’re strong at bringing this information into your plans.
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.