About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses at scale.
As Research Analyst you will focus on the following activities prioritize according to the order they appear:
- Due diligence - we base our investment decisions on our independent research. We use the materials and information shared by the investment targets only as the starting point of our research. As such we expect our analyst to:
- Participates in all aspects of deal making: analysis, modeling, due diligence, structuring, documentation, negotiation and legal considerations
- Validate the information received from the startups
- Perform additional research that will help guide our opinion and investment decisions and present the results to the broader team
- Assist with the preparation of our investment memos
- Support the investment thesis research that the TLV office leads
- lead research projects into new areas we consider for investments
- Develop field expertise around Samsung NEXT investment focus.
- Deal flow sourcing: Academia, large companies and entrepreneur communities, Attend conferences, meet-ups and the likes
- Screen opportunities and report to the investment committee on recommendations to pursue specific investments
- Perform various analyses as part of the due diligence process such as competitive analysis, TAM, financial, market analysis and more.
An integral part of the Samsung Next Investment Committee in Tel Aviv, the analyst will work closely with the Investment Managers and would focus on evaluating and conducting diligence on investment opportunities as well as performing deep research of the markets we invest in
- Prior work experience in research (e.g. gartner) or in VC
- Familiarity with the Israeli startup ecosystem
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about startups and business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Team player
- Fluency in English and Hebrew
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.