This role is part of our Platform team within the Samsung NEXT organization
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
Samsung NEXT Platform leverages the network, resources, and scale of Samsung to significantly impact the trajectory of NEXT startups, thereby enhancing the NEXT reputation in the global startup ecosystem. We’re looking for a seasoned expert to develop and execute better ways for delivering value to our NEXT portfolio companies across our rapidly expanding global locations, with a keen eye for customer markets and development around mobile network operators, gaming/mobile gaming, government agencies, and/or adtech in the US.
Samsung NEXT started in 2012 with a vision to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
The broader NEXT team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections.
As a Platform BD Advisor, you will source, drive, and build key relationships between NEXT portfolio companies and large strategic partners across a diversity of tech verticals. This is designed to be a part-time and highly flexible role, up to 2.5 days per week.
Things you'll be focusing on:
- Meeting startups halfway, for an educational approach to understanding how to help mature early-stage startups into growth-stage startups capable of effectively partnering with global enterprises
- Working closely with the NEXT Platform and Ventures teams to identify specific portfolio company strategic business needs, likely working with 5-10 portfolio companies at a time.
- Actively coaching portfolio company leaders on the optimal way to approach strategic partnership discussions with large F500 organizations and then shepherding initial partnership explorations
- Sharing thought leadership publicly on panels and via written content to attract potential partners for our startups
- Assist as needed in the structuring and negotiating of partnerships and commercial agreements
- Act as an ambassador for NEXT amongst the startup, venture capital, university, and corporate communities
- 15+ years of relevant general management, corporate development and business development experience
- 20+ years overall work experience
- Deep experience in startups or experience working with startups
- Passion for the entrepreneurial problem space regardless of vertical
- Educational program or training design and execution for entrepreneurs
- Established public speaking and social media presence in areas of expertise
- Exceptionally deep and broad network among the C-suite of the F500, with a particular focus on AdTech, Gaming, and/or Mobile Operator Network markets in the US
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc..) in a tech-forward organization
- Engineering education or work experience a plus
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.