This role is part of the Whisk team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
Whisk has built a multi-sided marketplace over the past 7 years that delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IOT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has a consumer experience, my.whisk.com for shopping lists, saved recipes, and other potential experiences. (There is a legacy mobile application in the iOS store, that is now disconnected from the experience - Please ignore this). As part of recently joining Samsung NEXT, we plan to invest more heavily in the platform investing in each aspect of the network (publisher, retailer, IOT, Health, Brands, & B2C), in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
As Senior Product Manager, Growth you will own the vision, strategy, and experimentation roadmap of key growth product initiatives focused on unlocking remarkable experiences for our global Whisk audience. You’ll define the growth, product partnerships and opportunities to accelerate growth across our B2B, B2C, and partnership channels with a specific focus of growing the total ecosystem and adding value to each partner in the ecosystem.
The work connects multiple disciplines across the company, including product, marketing and technology, and you'll drive successful growth by finding and leveraging the overlapping opportunities. That means you’ll analyze our existing offering, identify new product viral mechanics and network effects, optimize landing pages, improve funnels and everything in between. Through a hypothesis-driven, rapid test and learn approach, you will use your marketing, technical, and analytical background to think holistically about the Whisk experience—and how to use it as a growth engine.
- Promote product growth across our digital businesses (B2B and B2C) at all stages of business model, by defining, developing, and implementing product strategies, roadmaps, and features. You’ll be both directly building and ensuring each product team is thinking about their roadmap in this context as well
- Evaluate projects and define multi-channel growth strategies and KPIs based on product needs, and drawing from deep customer insights, data, and research
- Define, execute, analyze, and optimize A/B and multivariate test experiments to drive growth
- Work with marketing to craft, test and measure compelling messages across marketing channels (for example landing pages and ad campaigns)
- Collaborate with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, marketing, sales) to establish and coordinate growth strategies
- Drive funnel performance with a focus on acquisition, activation, and retention through each node in the network using data analysis and user research
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills - experience incl. cohort analysis
- Proven track record of delivering growth
- Data-driven - familiar with SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, BigQuery or similar tools
- Experiment focused - experience with AB testing tools
- Passion for funnels and conversions (and optimizing them!)
- Experience with owned and earned media as mechanisms to feed growth strategies (You will not need experience owning these media channels, but will need to understand how they track to impact on product)
- Good design and copywriting intuition
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures - Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships - Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A - Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.