This role is part of the DIs.co team within the Samsung NEXT Product team.
Dis.co is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of Dis.co is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, Dis.co is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About NEXT Product
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to deliver customer-centric products that engage ecosystems globally to create a positive impact. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a member of Dis.co team, you will define and implement robust, fault-tolerant, distributed computation platform and it’s smart scheduling capabilities. You will take complete ownership over your feature, end to end. Your primary focus will be on the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end, API, SDK, and command-line tools. You will also be responsible for developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain.
- Analyze & solve difficult problems across the stack
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code (Node.js)
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Identify issues and implement solutions to complex problems in large-scale
- Backend infrastructure and web platforms
- 5+ years proven Full stack development experience, (Node.js, python, Java etc)
- Computer science or equivalent academic degree - a must
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with GraphQL - a big advantage
- Experience in working on enterprise-level production systems - a big advantage
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructure AWS/GC/Azure - an advantage
If you are a highly motivated, tech-savvy team player who does not hesitate in the face of a tech challenge and loves to solve problems nobody else has solved before, you belong with us!
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures - Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships - Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A - Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.