This role is part of the Dis.co team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Dis.co is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of Dis.co is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, Dis.co is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Senior Software Developer you will take part in designing and developing the future of cloud computing, alongside a great team of professionals who take self- progress very seriously while always learning new ways to get better at what they do and understand what they don’t.
As a member of Dis.co team you will define and implement robust, fault tolerant, distributed computation platform and it’s smart scheduling capabilities. You will read and understand product requirements and come with an elegant design, and implement it while maintaining good programming practices such as writing clean, well-tested code in both client and server.
- 5+ years of high-performance backend or distributed systems development
- Computer science or equivalent academic degree - a must
- Experience in working on enterprise level production systems - a big advantage
- Experience in at least one of Golang, Python, Java or equivalent – a must
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructure AWS/GC/Azure - an advantage
- Experience in working on a data driven or event driven system - an advantage
- Experience in leading architecture and design of system’s features end-to-end
- Write clean code and tests for it
If you are a highly motivated, tech-savvy team player who does not hesitate in the face of a tech challenge and loves to solve problems nobody else has solved before, you belong with us!
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures - Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships - Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A - Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.