Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for making big and bold ideas happen and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our global team invests in startups, acquires businesses ready for scale and develops products. We focus on cutting-edge software innovation areas such as Next Gen Media, AI/Frontier Tech, Edge and Healthcare. We collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, San Francisco, New York City, Tel Aviv, Berlin and Seoul.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is the Ventures team within Samsung NEXT and focused on early stage investments (Seed - Series A/B). This role is part of our Europe Team within the Samsung NEXT organization. We’ve one team member in London, the rest of our Europe Team is located in Berlin.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is looking for an experienced and well-connected investment professional to assist in leading early-stage venture investments from its Berlin office.
Based on experience, leveling, and current team needs, we can offer a Principal, Director or MD level role.
- Contribute to Samsung NEXT Europe’s overall vision and direction.
- End-to-end investments: Lead all aspects of investment including investment thesis development, sourcing, investment memo, due diligence, negotiation, approval and deal closing.
- Internal due diligence: Communicate with business units about potential investments, including the aggregation and synthesis of business unit feedback.
- Business Development: Work with your portfolio companies to help them in their overall strategy building, business development, fundraising and M&A where relevant. Head internal business development for your portfolio companies to forge collaborations and partnerships between Samsung and our portfolio companies.
- New market analysis: Lead new market analysis by periodically investigating and drafting recommendations regarding new technology areas that may be attractive for investments.
- Brand-building: Engage with the tech, media, and entrepreneurship community in Europe’s startup hubs.
- 8-15+ years of experience in technology industries.
- 5-10+ years of experience in venture capital, investment banking, private equity, or similar roles.
- Proven track record of success with strong references.
- Previous experience leading multiple deals from sourcing to close, including the management of due diligence, negotiation of terms, and oversight of the closing process.
- Board-level experience (director or observer).
- Strong financial modeling, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Extensive network in the European venture capital and entrepreneur community, especially at the seed and series A/B stages.
- Track record of managing multiple projects with tight timelines, in parallel.
- Passion and expertise in technology and media.
- Undergraduate degree (technical or engineering degree a plus); MBA or JD preferred.
- Overseas work experience and/or cross-functional expertise is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in deep tech/AI and/or media industry is a strong plus.
- Strong interest in our focus areas (New Gen Media/Media Tech, AI, Edge, Consumer Empowerment, Healthcare).
- Available to travel within Europe and internationally (3-4x per year).
- Ideally living in or ready to move to Berlin. Depending on the profile of the candidate and the willingness to commute regularly to Berlin, we’d consider candidates in London, Paris and Stockholm as well.
- Verifiable thought leadership in technology and startup investment.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate complexity simply.
- Proven ability to build and sell business cases to various stakeholders including senior executives.
- Comfortable working in teams, building relationships and interacting with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify core issues quickly.
- Independent and self-starter, persistent, curious, confident, fearless.
- Driver of Culture: high stamina/energy/flexibility/productivity, low ego; community contributor.
- Strong interpersonal skills; relentlessly positive.
- Highly energetic and proactive team player.
- Highly independent and self-directed, with an ability to create and execute on your own roadmap.
- Fast learner and open to constructive criticism.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.