This role is part of the Dis.co team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Dis.co is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of Dis.co is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, Dis.co is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As our Sr. Data Engineer, you will envision, build, deploy and develop our next generation of data engines and tools at disco platform as part of the AI-powered smart scheduler. You will take part in design development and implementation of the data life-cycle regarding the smart scheduler. You’ll be involved in research and implementation of advanced algorithms and Machine Learning that will drive our scheduling, placement and prediction engines.
The ideal candidate can lead the design and implementation of the back end data flow of the smart scheduler. She is familiar with the algorithmic aspects of the projects and works hands-on with the rest of the team on the implementation. This means that you need to have good development skills in addition to experience with working on Machine Learning algorithms or Recommendation Engine systems.
We master many tasks and we love this!
- Define the relevant data points and design the data flow, collection, and preprocessing
- Work on virtualizing the gain and efficiency of our smart-scheduling algorithms
- Take part in designing algorithms that constantly improve the quality of our matching
- Work with other Dev teams on data-driven joined projects
- BA or higher in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics
- At least 7 years experience in programming (Java / Python / Go)
- Knowledge and experience of working with different kinds of databases
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning / Graphs theory experience - a big advantage
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Distributed Computing knowledge - a big advantage
If you are a highly motivated, tech-savvy team player who does not hesitate in the face of a tech challenge and loves to solve problems nobody else has solved before, you belong with us!
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.