This role is part of the Whisk team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Whisk has built a multi-sided marketplace over the past 7 years that delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IOT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has a consumer experience, my.whisk.com for shopping lists, saved recipes, and other potential experiences. Whisk joined Samsung NEXT in March and there are plans to invest more heavily in the platform, to scale the business and grow each aspect of the network (publisher, retailer, IOT, Health, Brands, & B2C). Each investment should not only add value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Find and apply the suitable NN architectures to sequence labeling and text classification tasks. Evaluate them against current models
- Working on common vector representations of Whisk core entities (recipes, users, products) to use across applications
- Building recommender systems
- Build models working across many languages
- You have good expertise in NLP domain (NER, multiclass/multilabel classification) and practical experience with NLP-related architectures (BoW, tf-idf, convolutional/recurrent NN, CRF, fasttext, transformers, etc.)
- You have practical experience writing code and comfortable with Python/Jupyter environments
- You are very familiar with data and visualisation tools (Pandas, NumPy, sklearn, scipy, matplotlib/seaborn)
- You worked with one of popular Deep Learning frameworks, ideally PyTorch, but also good if TensorFlow or Keras
- High spoken level of English
- Experience with cross-lingual transfer learning models
- Great data and results visualization skills
- Experience building recommender systems
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.