This role is part of the Core team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As Senior Computer Vision Engineer, you will help us expand our capabilities in Spatial Computing. You will be responsible for helping define new ways that Computer Vision can be used to enhance the user experience in a variety of vertical markets.
- Will be responsible for enhancing the scene understanding capabilities of our Smart Spaces project (e.g. object detection and tracking)
- Will be responsible for enhancing our Smart Fitness project (e.g. determining if user is performing activities properly using CV)
- Enhancing our ability to model 3D spaces from camera inputs (e.g. determining what is transient in a space vs permanent fixture)
- Perform additional CV work on various Proof of Concepts as we explore new business ideas
- 5+ years of programming experience in C++, Python or related languages
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using machine learning algorithms for classification and regression using modern ML frameworks such as tensorflow, pytorch etc.
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to create production quality solutions
- Experience with state-of-the art human shape or pose estimation
- Experience developing and implementing deep learning algorithms, particularly with respect to computer vision algorithms
- Experience with 3D graphics and/or geometric reconstruction
- Familiarity with cloud computing services
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.