Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world and an integral part of Central Texas for more than 26 years, driving job generation, economic impact and engagement with the surrounding community.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor serves a global customer base with broad semiconductor process technology offerings that impact everyday life including mobile, graphic, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Through successful collaborations with foundry customers and a continuous drive to develop the most cutting-edge technologies, Samsung Austin Semiconductor has become a major player in the foundry market. Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s technology portfolio ranges from 65nm to 28nm using planar transistor technology to the more advanced 14nm 3D FinFet technology.
With more than 3,300 employees, 2.45 million square feet of floor space, and more than 600+ acres in land holdings, Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s economic impact in 2021 generated $6.3 billion into Austin’s economy through salaries and other expenditures. Plus, that same year, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd announced a $17 billion investment to boost semiconductor production capacity at a new site in Taylor, Texas. This is in addition to the $18 billion invested in Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s Austin, Texas campus, since 1996 -- making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier and growing employer who provides a great place to work, is committed to environmental stewardship and being a good corporate citizen. Our employees are the key to our success and we invest in our people with competitive compensation & benefit packages, career development opportunities and programs that enhance physical, emotional and intellectual well-being. Our employees work at various locations throughout Central Texas including the main plant on East Parmer Lane in northeast Austin, a satellite office near Pflugerville and the construction site in Taylor, Texas. Learn more at www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Samsung new semiconductor manufacturing facility in Taylor Texas.
The Taylor Site is Samsung’s Largest facility in the USA. The Taylor facility will boost the production of semiconductor solutions that will power next-generation technologies in areas like 5G, artificial intelligence (AI) and high-performance computing (HPC). With greater manufacturing capacity, we will be able to better serve the needs of our customers and contribute to the stability of the global semiconductor supply chain.
The Photolithography department focuses on delivering solutions by developing 24x7x365 teams of elite, fab-oriented, excursion-free, safety and quality minded members. As part of the Photo Equipment Engineering team, you will work together to support one another and our customers regardless of organizational boundaries.
ASMLs EUV Scanners are some of the most complex and sophisticated machines on earth with an accuracy equivalent of shinning a flashlight on earth and hitting a target on the moon the size of a quarter. The Scanner Install Engineer will be actively installing next generation equipment including ASML EUV Scanners and auxiliary equipment installation, and qualification.
Specific Job Duties:
- Coordinate Samsung internal, external and multiple vendor resources to provide on time installation of ASML Scanners and auxiliary equipment installation, including hardware and product qualification.
- Attending and contributing in daily tactical meetings with ASML and internal teams about scanner equipment installation.
- Attending and contributing in weekly meetings with ASML and internal teams including strategic cross-functional meetings regarding Taylor equipment installs.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to ASML equipment related hardware errors, defects, quality and yield problems.
- Prioritize your work in alignment with the photo departments level priorities, and understand your part in achieving company goals.
- Assist other team members and areas when possible to help meet production goals.
- Shift: Mon-Fri 07:30 – 17:00,1st Shift
Skills and Qualifications:
Education, Training, Certification(s) and Minimum years of experience required:
- 4 years of college in related field
- Requires 5+ years of semiconductor Scanner/Stepper equipment installation and ownership
- In-depth experience on one or more of the following types of semiconductor equipment: ASML, Canon, Nikon,
- Understanding of semiconductor wafer processing fundamentals and photolithography
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software, and Tools:
- Time Management: Schedules and prioritizes time and activities to accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- Teamwork and Communication: Works well in a team environment and effectively communicates throughout the department and organization
Coordination: Gets members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver and present reports of a technical nature on short notice
- Problem Solving: Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Experience using KT analysis techniques, 5 Whys, Fishbone diagrams, and flow charts.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution for direct reports and equipment.
- Familiarity with SPC, FDC, Auto CAD, yield analysis and other standard engineering and manufacturing practices.
- Proficient with data analysis tools, such as jump, matlab and complex spreadsheets
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Work is performed in an office environment and 4 hours a day in the semiconductor fabrication facility where a cleanroom gown is required
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.